Friday, January 20, 2012

Week 1: DONE!

Well, today marks 1 week of being in Zwolle. Today was a very long day: 3 classes-- Survival Dutch, Cross cultural communication, and Portfolio. It was a great day though. For dinner we met our host Oma and Opa who speak basically no English. I can't wait until I know more Dutch so that I can maybe communicate a little more with them, rather than just saying numbers and "eat well" in Dutch.

Tomorrow is our first excursion. I will post more about it later either tomorrow night when we return or Sunday afternoon, but we are visiting the city of Gouda (like the cheese). This city is famous for 1) their cheese 2) the stroep waffles and 3) candles. The original plan was to visit Den Bosch, a city that was once lower but was raised for some reason and now the old canals that are nowadays below the city feature a tour of the "city" underground. The tours don't run in the winter, so now we are going to Gouda. Here is a bit of information of the city of Gouda, but I will tell you more about it later.

http://www.holland.com/global/Tourism/Cities-in-Holland/Cities-in-Holland/More-cities/Historical-Cities/gouda.htm

I am extremely tired and have to catch a 7:46 train tomorrow morning, so I am going to go to bed. Slaap lekker!

No comments:

Post a Comment